SELL YOUR HOME OVER THE HOLIDAYS
*** TOP TEN REASONS TO LIST YOUR HOME FOR SALE OVER THE HOLIDAYS ***
Most people believe they should take their home off the market during the holidays...WE BEG TO DIFFER!
Here are the top ten reasons why:
- SERIOUS BUYERS - people who look for homes during the Holidays are serious buyers! You don’t have to waste your time with “tire-kickers” who are just wasting everybody’s time…
- LESS COMPETITION - Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be more competition for the available buyers.
- TIMING FOR POWER – if you are selling and also buying - by selling now, you may have the opportunity to be a non-contingent (or cash) buyer during the Spring, when many more homes will be on the market and prices may be more negotiable! This will give you more negotiating power!
- TIMING YOUR MOVE - You may sell now for more money and be able to negotiate a delayed closing or a short term leaseback occupancy agreement until early next year.
- JOB STARTS - January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs – since transferees cannot wait until the Spring to get a home, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture these buyers.
- TAX YEAR - Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- BUYER AVAILABILITY - Buyers have more time to look for homes during the Holidays than they may have during a “normal” work week.
- EMOTIONAL - Buyers are more emotional about families during the Holidays, so they may be more likely to pay your price, less likely to behave like “cool negotiators”
- STAGING – Your home may show better when decorated for the Holidays…
- STILL ENJOY KEY HOLIDAYS - Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the key Holidays.
We are proficient at what we do - call The Alan Donald Real Estate Team on 843-900-0155 to sell your home NOW!