Nexton, one of the leading edge planned communities in Charleston, SC had fabulous growth in 2020 and has become the "poster child" for master-planned communities in the U.S. The developers of Nexton want to provide an environment where residents can work play and interact without leaving the community. Nexton is owned by North America Sekisui House, LLC (NASH), and is developed by Newland Company. Both companies share a deep commitment to sustainable development practices and apply these core values to the vision, planning, and development of the project.
To achieve this, they have carefully planned a mix of cutting-edge commercial office buildings, retail shops, restaurants, apartments, townhomes, single family detached homes, schools, supermarkets, places of worship, hotels and lots of parks, walking trails and green spaces.
The impressive list of businesses that opened in 2020 in Nexton include:
- Harvey & Vallini Law Firm
- River Landing Dentistry
- Atlas Physical Therapy
- Edward Jones
- Prime Lending
- Dermatology & Laser Center of Charleston
- Shepherd Law Firm
- Raising the Barre fitness studio.
- Home Telecom Technology and Retail Center: The 20,000-square-foot office building opened in October, offering fully furnished, turn-key office spaces
- Sigma Drive Self Storage
- Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Page’s Okra Food Truck
- Poogan’s Southern Kitchen,
- Tropical Smoothie Café
- The Bicycle Shoppe
- Realty ONE Group
- Baker Motor Company: Opened the first dealership in North America dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van.
Nexton has become a regional health and wellness hub with with health and wellness practitioners that include:
- Palmetto Primary Care
- Charleston Surgery Center
- Carolina Periodontics
- Coastal Fertility Specialists
In addition, three hotels opened in Nexton in 2020:
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Homewood Suites
- Cambria Hotel
In residential real estate sales & leasing, Nexton had a record-breaking year in 2020:
- 456 homes sold in three areas: North Creek, Brighton Park & Del Webb.
- 2,500 single-family homes, townhomes and multifamily residences will be built in Midtown, to be delivered starting early this year.
- Construction of 345 new luxury apartment homes started. These will include townhomes with private garages and five multi-story apartment buildings.
- Arrogate Apartments leased all its 264 units in North Creek
- Del Webb closed on 300 of a total of 1,000 total planned homes
in 2020, Nexton received several national and state accolades for its forward-thinking design and innovation:
- Grand Award for Best Community Land Plan during the Pacific Coast Builders Conference’s 2020 Gold Nugget Awards
- 2020 Pinnacle Award winner for Best Community in South Carolina by the Home Builders Association of SC
- One of the 50 top-selling master-planned communities by Real Estate Advisors
- Silver Award winner by the National Association of Home Builders in four categories including: Best Brochure, Best Community Welcome Center, Best Signage and Master-Planned Community of the Year.
For more detail on Nexton's residential real estate, please watch the video below. Call/text 843-900-0155 if you have any questions about Nexton.
Click HERE to Search Available Homes in Nexton