10 Things You Should NOT Do Before Closing
10 Things You Should NOT Do Before Closing on Your Home Purchase
Many transactions fall through because buyers believe that once they are pre-approved for a mortgage loan they are in the clear. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Lenders continue to scrutinize your finances right up until the closing. Any changes to your financial situation will raise red flags and may cause a delay in the closing or prevent the transaction from happening altogether. Here are some tips to help you keep the transaction together...
AFTER YOU ARE PREAPPROVED FOR A LOAN, DO NOT:
- Change jobs, become self-employed, or quit your job.
- Buy a car, truck, or van (or you may be living in it)!
- Use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
- Spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
- Buy furniture.
- Originate any inquiries into your credit (i.e. apply for new store credit card).
- Make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
- Change bank accounts.
- Co-sign a loan for anyone.
WAIT UNTIL AFTER YOU CLOSE ON THE HOME! Once you close on the home your lender will not scrutinize your finances as long as you make your payments on time.
Call/text 843-900-0155 or send an email to email@example.com for a list of awesome local lenders who can help you get started.