10 Fun Facts about Charleston!
Did you know...
1. Charleston attracts 4.5 million+ visitors annually.
2. 5th in the nation for high-tech industry output-- Charleston’s digital economy ranks alongside Austin, Raleigh, San Francisco and Silicon Valley!
3. #2 fastest growing midsize metro for computer software engineers and #6 fastest growing software development region in U.S. Charleston’s tech sector is growing rapidly, and the need for programmers, developers, seasoned professionals, and software engineers far outweighs the current talent pool.
4. Population is growing 3x FASTER than U.S.
5. Labor force is growing 4.5X faster than U.S., since 2010.
6. 62% of the incoming labor pool is between the ages of 18-44.
7. 10% are international.
8. Current regional population is 727,700. Projected to be over 1M by 2025.
9. Population is growing by 43 people per day -- 21 per day in Charleston County, 14 in Berkeley County, 8 in Dorchester County.
10. The future of our workforce to be created in the next 2 years: 20,000 NEW JOBS.
We are the Charleston area experts!
The Alan Donald Real Estate Team
Statistics courtesy of the CRDA, 2016.
Tags: charleston sc, statistics, charleston real estate, charleston job market, charleston statistics, population growth, workforce, charleston population, charleston labor force